Forums Latest Members

Carrera 1964 re-edition:do you like the salmon dial?

1. gianvittorio

gianvittorio Feb 5, 2017

i believe this is not so common.
    Do you like it? IMG_2276.PNG

WernerBoeinck likes this.
  2. imagwai

imagwai Feb 6, 2017

Yes, nice, although not my favourite of the re-editions

3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 6, 2017

Very nice. The story is that TAG Heuer initially brought back three models- all very close re-editions to the past, and all using the hand-wound Lemania 1873 movement.
    [​IMG]

It seems as though TAG Heuer was surprised by the success of the Carrera re-edition. They followed up with the Monaco Re-edition in 1997 and then in 2000 launched a second series of "re-edition" Carreras.

The first used the same movement and case as the initial watches, with one important difference: White "Daytona Rings". While these look great, there was no historic Heuer model with Daytona rings..the first sign of the Carrera evolving away from the past. @gianvittorio is right that the Salmon dial is quite rare..and quite beautiful.
    [​IMG]

In addition to the two models above, TAG Heuer also launched two other heritage Carreras in 2000- a time-only watch and a GMT variant.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Feb 7, 2017

Mmm, think I like that, different.

5. gianvittorio

gianvittorio Feb 7, 2017

IMG_2427.PNG my black dial

Big Adam and imagwai like this.
  6. Jonathan S

Jonathan S Feb 8, 2017

When they made these re editions it was still possible to buy an original for not much more, this held sales back somewhat, and it was also the case with the first Monaco's. There is such a massive difference in price now, these watches have taken on a whole new lease of life and that Salmon dial so seldom is seen.

7. elbeik

elbeik Feb 8, 2017

I like the salmon dial, but it is a bit in the back of the wishlist.

Speaking of the new lease; these reeditions are also appreciating - at least not dropping like other Carreras.
    A quick tour on ebay or chrono24 will tell these still fetch in the high 2k to mid 3k USD.