Forums Latest Members

Calibre E4 engine in a Calibre E2 Modular 45 chassis.

1. neowatch

neowatch Mar 17, 2022

Just wondering how many fellow Gen 2 lovers would buy this watch head for the Gen 2 if they ever created it. I’m sure many would buy and it would not be too difficult, they have the old cases, say the cal16 case as it needs the 3 buttons on the side. I’m sure they could sells 1000’s for little effort.

Interested to know what others think …..

BMW Works, dtf and Albert-AMG like this.
  2. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 17, 2022

Yes, this would be really interesting! :rolleyes:

The Calibre 16 case has the 3 buttons and also an open caseback, so they could include the HR sensor too… but even the connected Gen2 case could work: the HR sensor and the two pushers are not indispensable, not even the rotating crown, so just putting the complete internal Gen4 “engine” inside a Gen2 Modular 45 case (with the original crown, please! ;)) could work, even the 4 charging pins are in the same side, so it should be easy to adapt.

This operation should be done in the same workshop at the TAG Heuer headquarters where the Gen2 Modular were assembled, in order to maintain their Swiss Made status ;)
    F0875FA9-4995-4EDD-ABD3-CBB8E3DF37F4.jpeg

That was always my wish when TAG Heuer and J.C. Biver so enthusiastically launched the Modular system: that they sell updated versions of the connected module (head-only), to be compatible with the Modular lugs, so that the smartwatch part of the watch would also be #connectedtoeternity… but they threw it all away since Gen3 :unsure:

@neowatch , when I read the title of this thread, I thought that you were doing that swap! ;) :thumbsup:

Maybe a good technician could do it, although to try it we should first buy a Gen4 that was the organ donor, and if for whatever reason its “engine” do not fit in the Gen2 case, the experiment would be quite expensive! :D

dtf likes this.
  3. neowatch

neowatch Mar 17, 2022

Albert, when the electronics totally go , I have many modular electronic cases , I intend to buy a smartwatch and install the electronics into it, or just create automatic watches in them.

BMW Works and Albert-AMG like this.