Calibre 5 time setting feel.

Hello, I recently purchased an Aquaracer professional 200. Today I went to set the time, since it had stopped after i was away for a couple of days. When setting it, i first noticed the crown felt a little weird, it was a little difficult to get it in the right place, I had to jiggle it a little to get it to pop out into the different settings. Then when turning it to set the time I felt a little bit of resistance, almost as if I could feel the cogs inside the watch. This was not something I had noticed before (this was probably the third or fourth time setting it) and it made me quite worried. I can't say for sure, but I am fairly certain that it felt entirely smooth the previous times, so im wondering if anyone knows anything about this issue and can tell me more about it.

Edit: Forgot to add, it seems to be working fine apart from this.

Yup, classic Calibre 5. The crown on my WAY208C is jus the same, hard to know where it is when you pull it out and slips out of place while changing the date/hands. I sent it back under warranty but it came back just the same. I guess that's standard for a Swiss made luxury watch movement.

Yup, classic Calibre 5. The crown on my WAY208C is jus the same, hard to know where it is when you pull it out and slips out of place while changing the date/hands. I sent it back under warranty but it came back just the same. I guess that's standard for a Swiss made luxury watch movement.

Do you also experience the feeling I described while setting the time?

Not when setting the time, no. Sometimes feels like resistance when winding - which I don't do anymore. I used to use a winder but now I just wear the watch for 15 minutes then set the time once it's going.

Not when setting the time, no. Sometimes feels like resistance when winding - which I don't do anymore. I used to use a winder but now I just wear the watch for 15 minutes then set the time once it's going.
Alright, thank you for your help. I will just go on using it as normal and see, maybe it will resolve itself. If it keeps acting up I suppose I'll go to the nearest AD to get it checked. Thank you again.

Is it still under warranty?
Yes, for another year and 8 months. However, I'm a bit unsure of if it is an issue or not, but I compared it to another mechanical watch (an oyster perpetual date), and that one felt very smooth when setting the time.

Plenty of time, might as well see how it goes.
Today it skipped gears when setting time, it felt like it wasnt properly connecting, think there might be something wierd about the crown…. Unbelivable that i just got the watch and now I’m probably going to have to service it…

Oh the joys of mechanical movements. And yet still some people come here telling us the Calibre 5 is a proven workhorse movement used in thousands of watches.... there's a 'scientific' thread here about the Calibre 5 somewhere, you might find it interesting.