Calibre 18 telemeter vs Autavia 2017

Hi Guys,

So recently the AD called me with great news. They willing to sell me Calibre 18 telemeter with a great price

I like the telemeter calibre 18. The reason why i haven't pulled the trigger for it is because i spent too much on the heuer 01 both 45mm and 43mm.

The offer is something i didnt expect it to happen ever and right now i kinda saving for autavia 2017

I love both of the watches but this year might be the year i need to save up and pull the trigger on one choice

Can anyone just give me some friendly advice to help me make up my mind ?

Thanks

Did you ever checked back the Telemeter again and again while making your purchases?
Did you google it from time to time and wished you had it in your collection?

If the answer is no, wait for the Autavia. Baselworld is imminent now.

Did you ever checked back the Telemeter again and again while making your purchases?
Did you google it from time to time and wished you had it in your collection?

If the answer is no, wait for the Autavia. Baselworld is imminent now.
Yap i checked and checked again. Turn out, i dont mind the glassdome at all.

But autavia is good too. Fiuh. Hope they offer the good price to no one else than me. So i can wait for baselworld to end before making my decision

Not a fan of the new autavia, the bezel is so out of proportion, but you should see @Hubert 's comments on the size of the telemeter. Apparently it looks smaller than its size. I like it, but it's a way down the list of watches I want.

I would wait for the autavia, it just has something extra.
I know, right ? I also haven't got tired of 'faux patina' i think my collection lack of that.

Not a fan of the new autavia, the bezel is so out of proportion, but you should see @Hubert 's comments on the size of the telemeter. Apparently it looks smaller than its size. I like it, but it's a way down the list of watches I want.
Oh yeah, tried it on my hand. It does looks small. Luckly i dont have massive wrist. One thing i like about it, is that i havent got any telemeter scale in my collection.

Thanks for all the replies so far guys, really appreciate it.
Edited:

The Telemeter has a much more classic size. It's 38 or 39mm (can't remember which) but as tall as any other modern Carrera, lending it a very strange dimension. Very good-looking watch though.

Honestly if you're a fan of the 43, 45mm Heuer-01s, I think the Autavia will appeal to you more.

I have the Telemeter and although I don't wear it much but when I do, I absolutely love it! Because it's kind of a thick watch, it makes the 39mm seems a bigger on the wrist (if that makes any sense).

The Telemeter has a much more classic size. It's 38 or 39mm (can't remember which) but as tall as any other modern Carrera, lending it a very strange dimension. Very good-looking watch though.

Honestly if you're a fan of the 43, 45mm Heuer-01s, I think the Autavia will appeal to you more.
I thought so too at first. But then to think about it having something entirely different than what i usually own is an appeal of its own as well.

But the autavia also have its charm.

Hmmmmmm......

I have the Telemeter and although I don't wear it much but when I do, I absolutely love it! Because it's kind of a thick watch, it makes the 39mm seems a bigger on the wrist (if that makes any sense).
Is the dome really make is super thick ? I dont really notice it when i tried it.

I prefer the aesthetic of the Carrera but at the same time, I am a bit of a movement and novelty collector and given the drawn out birth of the 1969/CH80/H-03, if it were me, I'd be buying the Autavia, even if it will just be kept as an ornament.

Is the dome really make is super thick ? I dont really notice it when i tried it.

In my opinion, not at all. I have the hesalite Speedmaster and in a way, the dome on the Telemeter is similar.

I prefer the aesthetic of the Carrera but at the same time, I am a bit of a movement and novelty collector and given the drawn out birth of the 1969/CH80/H-03, if it were me, I'd be buying the Autavia, even if it will just be kept as an ornament.
I am a bit movement geek myself. Really satisfied with the heuer 01. I am betting my money that heuer 02 will be amazing as well. I have one calibre 17 with me. It is also super smooth and i love it. I wonder if calibre 18 is even better or the same as calibre 17

The 18 is an extra thin module movement.
It's most obvious when you look at the crown and pushers of each; the offset on the 18 is much less noticeable.