Forums Latest Members
  1. ping pong patina

ping pong patina Aug 12, 2015

Hi friends

I have attached some photos of the carrera i am interested in. Any thoughts on this piece? I find it antad overpolished and dial a tad dirty?

Any thoughts on authencity?

Cheers erik DSCF0186-1.JPG DSCF0183-1.JPG DSCF0133-1.JPG DSCF0177.JPG DSCF0182.JPG DSCF0176-1.JPG DSCF0134-1.JPG DSCF0176-1.JPG

2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Aug 12, 2015

Carrera 3647S.
    TAG Heuer 2014 - 1.jpg

Looks original to me (including the crown)...question for me would be the condition, which certainly isn't mint, although it would clean up quite nicely.

Would have to be a good price...otherwise, if budget allows, you could wait until a better example comes along.

BTW, this might help:

http://carrera.calibre11.com/

gophishin likes this.
  3. gophishin

gophishin Aug 12, 2015

agreed with D.C. - everything looks correct, but it's quite hard to tell based on low quality/pool lighting in the pictures. In some angles the case looks to have sharp bevels on the lugs, but in others, it appears over polished. The dial appears as it may be slightly "dirty" or discolored, but again it's tough to tell, as sometimes that can just be an old worn crystal and bad lighting. I would say this isn't the cleanest example, but the lume on the hands looks good, so if the price is right, it could clean up nicely.

4. ping pong patina

ping pong patina Aug 13, 2015

Thanks for the advice ì guess if you are unsure pass the deal rule would apply in this case. The lack of lume on the 5 min marker troubles me and the dirty dial. Although the price is low i felt

5. Mr.Heuer

Mr.Heuer Aug 17, 2015

Hi.
    Not in minth condition as mention above, but certainly a nice watch.
    I guess it is from mid 60's? a model of the Carrera 45.

it lacks the original strap i guess? and the buckle maybe. But that can be bought with some luck.

What price are we talking about here? ::book::

6. Nilbri

Nilbri Aug 17, 2015

Over polished. Price?

7. ping pong patina

ping pong patina Aug 25, 2015

about 2500 USD

8. gophishin

gophishin Aug 25, 2015

Although I would still want to see some additional pictures in better lighting, and pending everything functioning as it should, I would possibly entertain this watch at that price. If you're going to pass, maybe PM me the seller?