Forums Latest Members
  1. Stuartm85

Stuartm85 May 15, 2015

Hi I am currently looking at buying a watch, original plan was a new watch (formula one auto) . However I have always loved the slr 300 But out of my price range. I have found a second hand one on watches.co.uk at a great price that I can afford. And looks to be in good condition. Only downside is it does not have a tag heuer original certificate. They claim they have checked it out and provide there own authenticity certificate.

Is this good enough? I have researched the company and the seem to be trustworthy and have a good reputation. But I really don't want to waste my money.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. imagwai

imagwai May 15, 2015

No expert on this model, but I see no red flags.

3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member May 16, 2015

Agree- I've bought a watch from these guys in the past (10 years ago!) and had no problems. Only downside is that I think they're expensive...but they don't sell fakes.

This one looks good.

4. Stuartm85

Stuartm85 May 17, 2015

Thanks for the replies.

I decided to go for it after contacting tag heuer UK, they authenticate for free . I received the watch yesterday, (as you can see in the picture of you opened it up) the box is a little rough but the watch inside is superb. One very small scuff on the bezel at 11 o'clock and the rest could pass as new. Very pleased with it .

Agree some of the other watches on the site seem a little steep, but I believe this is a pretty good price? Probably because it doesn't have the original certificates?

Thanks again for your input .

image.jpg
    AussieAlex and Calibre11 like this.
  5. imagwai

imagwai May 17, 2015

Yes, I think the price seemed respectable for this model. Congratulations.

6. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 18, 2015

Love the Heuer logo deployant clasp on that model, that's a really nice touch!

7. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 18, 2015

Congrats; I have one as well. One of the best designs.
    [​IMG]

AussieAlex likes this.
  8. elbeik

elbeik May 19, 2015

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the 300SLR owners club (the watch, not the car :p)

I have never come across a fake 300SLR to date, although the SLR models have been widely imitated, and you can even have an SLS version.

9. Pell031

Pell031 May 19, 2015

Congrats on your purchase and a hearty welcome to the club from me as well. I've only now had mine for a couple of months and can't wait to put it on each Friday morning as I've now slotted it into being my 'weekend' watch.

Enjoy!

10. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member May 20, 2015

Interestingly, I have seen a TAG Heuer design mock-up for a "TAG Heuer 300SL Calibre 1887" that was proposed for 2011. It had a silver dial, Red hands and black sub-dials with the Heuer logo at 3 o'clock.

Never got made unfortunately

11. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 20, 2015

That would have been interesting.