Forums Latest Members

*bought* WTB: CS3113 -- 1963/4 Re-Edition with 'Daytona Rings'

1. coffeeyen

coffeeyen Oct 1, 2016

Good day, fine ladies & gentlemen:

I'm brand new here and this is my first post -- so I hope you could help me out here a little. [​IMG]
    I recently fell in love with the CS3113 (1963/4 Re-Edition) with "Daytona Rings", and would very much appreciate your help in finding one that is in good condition. This will be my first venture into the world of vintage/vintage-ish timepieces... I'm (still) quite OCD about the condition, so I'll be look out for the following:

1. how many owners has the piece changed hands?
    2. where & when was it purchased?
    3. has it ever been serviced or refurbished? if so, where, when, and how?
    4. is it 100% original (i.e., original box and papers, straps, buckle, etc.)?

Please send all pictures and info my way -- Thanks in advance!

Best,
    coffee

2. imagwai

imagwai Oct 1, 2016

Here's one with box and papers in very good condition. Not the cheapest, though:
    http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Tag Heuer/Carrera/CS3113/22617/item/67384

Two for sale on Chrono24.com also:
    http://www.chrono24.co.uk/search/index.htm?query=cs3113&dosearch=true&searchexplain=1

Or private seller, much cheaper:
    http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=7336529&rid=0#msg_7336529

That's pretty much the full choice right now from around the web, although there may be some smaller dealers that have one.

I wouldn't worry too much about service history if the watch looks in good condition. Just bear in mind it might need a service at some point. The movement should be pretty serviceable by most watchmakers. It's doubtful you'll find one with the original strap in good condition - most have a replacement by now.

Good luck, it's a great watch. Here's a picture of my re-edition, plus a picture of the CV2113 I used to own...
    DSCF1655.JPG DSCF0604.JPG

coffeeyen likes this.
  3. Big Adam

Big Adam Oct 1, 2016

If you convince imagwai to sell me his CS3110, I can do you a deal on a CS3111 or CS3112!!!
    (If I recall correctly, that CS3110 has a rather lovely and $$$ OEM deployment clasp and strap)

imagwai likes this.
  4. coffeeyen

coffeeyen Oct 1, 2016

Thanks imagwai! I've indeed been in contact with all but one (watchfinder) of the sellers listed.. I'm now between paying more for B&P or almost 1K less without (what say you?). Or even just the re-re-edition CV2113 like you used to own.
    Argh.

And yes, that CS3110 is a stunner too!

imagwai likes this.
  5. imagwai

imagwai Oct 1, 2016

I certainly wouldn't pay £1k for box and papers. You pay a premium for Watchfinder, but they are reputable, sell good condition, serviced pieces plus offer a warranty. And you can usually negotiate with them on the price as well.

coffeeyen likes this.
  6. coffeeyen

coffeeyen Oct 1, 2016

Just sent them an inquiry -- thanks so much again imagwai!
    Hopefully they'd be willing to come closer to the 2K mark.

Did you get your re-edition straps directly from TAG? The straps on Watchfinder don't look original to me (making it not "100% original").. and I'm probably gonna strap it on a brown or black racing/rally straps anyway so they're in their natural habitat :)

7. imagwai

imagwai Oct 1, 2016

I'm sure they'd come down to £2k or perhaps even slightly lower.

Yes, the strap I ordered was FC6167 which is for the Heuer deployant clasp. I got it from this AD in Italy for a good price:
    http://www.salvatigioielli.it/catalogo/en/17-tag-heuer

The clasp was FC5012 and I got that direct from the Tag Heuer boutique in Westfield shopping centre by mail order.
    DSCF1645b.jpg

Alternatively, just get any 18mm/16mm buckle-end strap and fit the normal Heuer buckle.

coffeeyen likes this.
  8. coffeeyen

coffeeyen Oct 1, 2016

9. imagwai

imagwai Oct 1, 2016

That's strange. I would say 2006 is the wrong year and a mis-print. Unless it was old stock and that's simply the date the paperwork says it was sold. But then again, it looks like the same watch as the first one. So perhaps it is and it's simply on sale. If so, happy days!

10. Big Adam

Big Adam Oct 5, 2016

11. coffeeyen

coffeeyen Oct 5, 2016

imagwai likes this.
  12. Big Adam

Big Adam Oct 5, 2016

Excellent price! Good job.

13. coffeeyen

coffeeyen Oct 5, 2016

He made me an offer that I couldn't refuse, so I pulled that trigger...

14. coffeeyen

coffeeyen Oct 5, 2016

Thanks again to everyone for your help!

15. Big Adam

Big Adam Oct 5, 2016

No worries. My price is first refusal if you ever choose to move it on! :D

coffeeyen likes this.
  16. coffeeyen

coffeeyen Oct 7, 2016

Finally got the NOS strap from Squinky today (Bill's a great guy to deal with, btw) -- here're my first pictures of the piece. Hope you guys enjoy!
    Also: Should I remove the (original) clear sticker on the case back?? :confused:

Heuer_13.JPG Heuer_12.JPG Heuer_9.JPG Heuer_7.JPG Heuer_6.JPG Heuer_4.JPG Heuer_2.JPG Heuer_1.JPG
    albertoct, imagwai and Big Adam like this.
  17. Big Adam

Big Adam Oct 8, 2016

Too small for your wrist. Sell it to me! :)
    Good job!

18. dtf

dtf Oct 8, 2016

Looks really good in black with those rings.