Forums Latest Members
  1. THJunkie

THJunkie Nov 5, 2020

Probably asking for trouble, but can anyone recommend a good watch related podcast (I know there are plenty if youtube channels - but I want something that has no images that need watching for a particular reason). Ideally a recommendation where the presented does not have the charisma and delivery style of a rock.

extra points if they have a recent Tag related episode.

Many thanks.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  2. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Nov 5, 2020

My absolute favorite one is Beyond the Dial with Allen Farmello. Interesting deep dives around watch topics with a philosophical touch. Also, Allen's voice is great to listen to. Two favorite episodes of mine are nr 24 with Moser CEO and 22 with Longines CEO.

I also enjoy The Trading Desk from Watchbox and from time to time Worn & Wound podcast can be interesting (however be prepared for a couple of not so smart young guys who still have not fully developed the ability to speak, there are a lot of "eeeehm, aaaaa, kind of like, you know, eeeehm" between actual content)

thingziliketoo and THJunkie like this.
  3. thingziliketoo

thingziliketoo Nov 5, 2020

I like listening to The Grey Nato, Hodinkee Radio and Scottish Watches. Scottish Watches just had a great interview with JCB that was very interesting and entertaining.

Jim Dollares and THJunkie like this.
  4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Nov 5, 2020

YY77, kappa_md and THJunkie like this.
  5. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Nov 6, 2020

I tried to listen to OT in the beginning but gave up after episode 7 or 8. Sound was so terrible and they kept inviting guests on the phone and you could not hear what the guests were saying, I think they just put the guest on speaker phone hoping their mics would pick up the sound.

If they have improved on sound lately I would definitely give it a listen again :thumbsup:

6. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Nov 6, 2020

Grey Nato and Hodinkee radio is a no from me. There is something about Stephen's "I sound like I have a stick up my ass and consider myself to be better than everyone else" that kills Hodinkee radio.

Will try Scottish watches though, have not heard about that one I think :thumbsup:

thingziliketoo likes this.
  7. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 16, 2022

So apparently TAG Heuer is doing a podcast called The Edge Podcast. Have not listened yet but the concept seems to be interviewing a new guest each episode. I assume there is watch related content in there too (?).

94E59C96-C463-49E3-A7DF-44E15B246EA5.jpeg

Description is kind of terrible. Does not sound promising but I will try the episode with Christian Horner and see if it is worth the time.

E8B10EF8-6D2D-413B-A77F-36A6A725040B.jpeg

8. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 16, 2022

Patrick Dempsey.