Best Vintage Heuer repair shop in NYC

Hello. I have a beautiful vintage Carrera ref. 3647NT (pic attached). The part that is supposed to have "Seventeen Jewels Unadjusted" is blank with nothing stamped on it. It was apparently replaced at some point with a generic one. I have circled the part in red of what it's supposed to look like from another watch. I want to find a shop preferably in NYC that specializes in vintage watches and specifically Heuers. Can someone recommend me a good, trustworthy shop? I have heard two that are supposed to be very good; Grand Central and Watch Repair and Co. But do these shops stock or are good at sourcing original vintage Heuer parts?

Thanks in advance!

Your best bet would be to stop by and discuss it with them. You could also try Tempvs Fvgit in Chelsea.

Your best bet would be to stop by and discuss it with them. You could also try Tempvs Fvgit in Chelsea.
Great thank you! Will check out the other shop.

BTW I called Grand Central and they told me that they would replace the entire movement which I found utterly ridiculous. So basically if I needed new spark plugs in my car, they would replace the entire engine?? 🤣

Great thank you! Will check out the other shop.

BTW I called Grand Central and they told me that they would replace the entire movement which I found utterly ridiculous. So basically if I needed new spark plugs in my car, they would replace the entire engine?? 🤣
Not sure why they would do that, maybe they just happen to have a couple spare Valjoux 92s around. I'd inquire whether they would be returning the original movement to you or keeping it, and how that would affect the costs of that service.
But I'd look elsewhere

Not sure why they would do that, maybe they just happen to have a couple spare Valjoux 92s around. I'd inquire whether they would be returning the original movement to you or keeping it, and how that would affect the costs of that service.
But I'd look elsewhere

Agreed! On the phone the lady said right off the bat we would need to replace the entire movement and this without even seeing the watch. They seem to have a good reputation but that was a total turn off! She explained that the part (even if it's correct) would not be compatible with the current movement... what!??

My question to Grand Central:

« I am writing to inquire about the availability of specific spare parts for my Heuer Autavia 11630.
I am interested in purchasing the following items:
The hour and minute hands;
2 Fluted pushers;
The dial with the 1-12 hour counter. »

Response :

« Depending on the condition of the movement and the parts available, generally speaking, a service like that is $4,000-$5,000. We can provide an exact quote upon inspection. There is a $225 evaluation fee which is waived if the estimate is accepted. »

5k€ = 2 fully complete watches on recent auctions.
What’s to make of it, huh… as if that makes any sense

What do you think ?

« I am writing to inquire about the availability of specific spare parts for my Heuer Autavia 11630.
2 Fluted pushers;

Response :

« Depending on the condition of the movement and the parts available, generally speaking, a service like that is $4,000-$5,000. We can provide an exact quote upon inspection. There is a $225 evaluation fee which is waived if the estimate is accepted. »

What do you think ?
😱😮‍💨

2 Fluted pushers;

Response :

What do you think ?
I don't know if they're quoting high, but you're definitely better off just setting alerts on eBay.
Parts won't be very cheap though I think, and considering the values of 11630s you may be better off looking for a nicer example to buy outright.