Forums Latest Members
  1. Perseus

Perseus Sep 16, 2022

I am in the market for a calibre 11 Monaco ref CAW211P.FC6356 and I am hoping to find recommendations for an authorized dealer. The AD I have used in the past cannot source the watch and the local AD is a large chain with "every day low prices" that are not very low. If it helps, I am located in the US but I am flexible as to where the AD is located.

Thank you for your help!

2. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Sep 16, 2022

Interesting that an ad cant source the watch, I wonder if this is a sign the c11 Monaco will soon be gone from the lineup

3. Perseus

Perseus Sep 16, 2022

I agree, kind of strange. I was told the same thing from another AD, however both have access to the newer Monaco with the Heuer 02 movement. I'm convinced they will roll out a new version of the cal 11 with pump pushers the moment I buy the current one. That's what happened when after I bought the cal 12 version. ::facepalm1::

4. Yago

Yago Sep 16, 2022

They’re also no longer displayed on Montredo or Mall of the Watch. Not too long ago you could source these for 30% off. Perhaps clearing stock and it’s on the way out. Would be a bummer as it’s the icon in the range and the only one with the original dial iso those radial markers.

5. Yago

Yago Sep 16, 2022

You can still buy it from the TAG Heuer US website. At full price that is

6. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 16, 2022

I dunno, I find it hard to believe after all the marketing and everything that they would want to be without an SMQ Monaco. Then again if you could get them at 30% off recently then that's not a very good sign sales wise. Maybe everyone who wants one got one already and there's enough pre owned to satisfy demand?

7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 16, 2022

8. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Sep 16, 2022

Maybe they prepping for the 2023 in house 22k remake of the actual calibre11? No more of this sellita pretend to be calibre 11, time for the real deal.

YG_Rulz, McBeardy and Aquagraph like this.
  9. abrod520

abrod520 Sep 16, 2022

Supply chain shortages are the main culprit for now, there’s no plan to fully discontinue it for now.

I know there are usually a couple at the 5th Ave boutique here in NY but those would of course be full-price. However, these do show up used fairly often, on the forums and eBay.

10. Perseus

Perseus Sep 16, 2022

I believe the only way to get the crown on the opposite side of the case is by using a modular chronograph and the Heuer 02 is integrated. Also, they would have to hide the running seconds, which they did on the special edition Autavia. Everything kind of feels like a compromise. I wish they would give us pump pushers on the current cal 11.
    [​IMG]

11. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Sep 17, 2022

It won't be based on the H02. CEO Frederic has hinted that they're working on a modernized version of the original Calibre11.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  12. thingziliketoo

thingziliketoo Sep 17, 2022

22K for a remake of the Calibre11? Omega went 14K for a 321 remake, please don’t go that high Tag Heuer. If they went 8-9K they could compete with Zenith, Breitling, Omega and Rolex. At 22k it’s just too much…

Perseus and Anthony.R like this.
  13. McBeardy

McBeardy Sep 17, 2022

Montredo has had the a few months back & seem to be sporidic now.

Goldsmiths in Bluewater had them in a few weeks back. Just think a supply chain issue, but who knows what TH are planning.

Maybe they will discontinue it & keep the modern H02

14. RushDom

RushDom Sep 17, 2022

Maybe someone can find it, but I recall a Time and Tide video filmed at Monaco earlier this year where lil’ Freddy refers to the CAW211P as a classic that isn’t going anywhere…

My best guess is that the Monaco isn’t made in huge numbers and it’s up to the AD how many they buy in. When I was looking to purchase mine I struggled to find it in stock and ready to go - almost every AD told me they could order it.

It’s now one of TH’s most expensive regular models by far, so I can’t see it being a huge seller

Anthony.R and McBeardy like this.
  15. paysdoufs

paysdoufs Sep 18, 2022

Discontinuing the left-crown C11 Monaco would be such a show of managerial incompetence (IMHO) that I cannot see this happen…

Likewise, I cannot see TH going down the road of developing an in-house, 21th century Caliber 11. My hunch is that they’ve tested how much the market is ready to bear for a regular production model TH (You cannot develop a new caliber for an LE only) and that the 6k-and-change current list price for the Monaco is already hurting sales.

I feel that I’ve seen fewer and fewer “Recommend an iconic chrono to me” threads (not here, obviously, but elsewhere…) where the Monaco was front & center OR came up as a recommendation. Could be that the case shape & size just does require a little too much compromising from the averagely wristed, but IDK…

16. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Sep 18, 2022

The dealer I sent you may discount.

17. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 18, 2022

If it's not selling then it's not selling. They went plenty of years without an 'awkward' left hand calibre and they have an in-house movement that presumably is selling, it's not like there aren't plenty available used. You have to realise that a forum like this is not a good representation of what paying customers actually want to buy. You can point to the growing list of SMQ enthusiasts here own the C11 version, but maybe that is the problem - maybe sales are slowing because it has had it's time in the spotlight. Maybe it needs a few years rest or alternatively a revamp to get people who can afford to buy a new one motivated?

18. abrod520

abrod520 Sep 18, 2022

I have heard that the standard H02 Monacos aren't selling at all.

19. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 18, 2022

So then it's the Monacos in general which aren't selling, which probably means they are too expensive

20. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 18, 2022

Or maybe.... people aren't buying regular Monacos because there's a new LE every five minutes and they have to buy them quick or they're gone?