Forums Latest Members

Assessment about shown Heuer Monaco 1133B Transitional

1. thomash

thomash Jun 9, 2020

Hello all, I purchased enclosed Heuer Monaco 1133B Transitional and would like to receiving your feedback about the impression of the watch.

By the way, the serial number seems to be a misprint in production as it starts with 156xxx although it normally should be 1571xx for the oldest models as I learnt. However, the authencity is no doubt. Anybody ever saw a low serial number in 156xxx-range like that for a 1133B model?

Last question, how to you assess the current pricing for this rare model?

Thanks for your replies.

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg
    imagwai likes this.
  2. SteveP

SteveP Jun 9, 2020

Hi, I'm far from a Monaco expert but there are certainly some peculiarities with this watch. The case is.....quite unbelievably over-polished and the hands-well they seem to be transitional hands (but a closer photo would help) but the lume is not-original and not the best I'm afraid. The dark dial-I recall seeing this called into question as I think this was at an auction recently
    ? It looks legit but is unusual...but again, there are people far better placed than me to comment further. The serial number....given all the other points I'd be inclined to question that too...particularly as the earliest serials (low 157xxxs) were Chronomatic dials.

As for value, impossible to say until the other points are cleared up I'd say. Sorry it's probably not the news you were looking for.
    Best, Steve

3. imagwai

imagwai Jun 9, 2020

Not an expert either, but even so, there are probably things we could comment on with better pictures. Might I suggest a much better, in-focus straight on shot of the dial in decent lighting?

4. thomash

thomash Jun 9, 2020

Thanks a lot for your information. I am in the process of cancelling my order and hope it will work out as I also feel more and more unwell. Think I will by a new CAW211.PFC6356 as the Vintage-area is too complex for me.

5. SteveP

SteveP Jun 10, 2020

No worries. I understand you've had advice from a actual Monaco expert also so that will undoubtedly be the best info you can get!

Thinking about value etc, assuming all the parts ARE original, with a new case (as the I doubt the current one could be salvaged) and a bit of tlc-new lume etc, it could potentially make a very nice Monaco. Cases do come up occasionally but you'd have to a) wait and b) pay.

Best, Steve

ps there are plenty of knowledgeable people who know vintage Heuer inside out and will be happy to help you through it...just make sure to ask before you buy!

6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 18, 2020

Agree with this evaluation. A polished vintage Monaco is enough to make you want to cry