Aquaracer crown won't screw down

I have an Aquaracer CAP2112, 2010 vintage. Two years ago I took it to a very repeatable watchsmith to have it refurbished (it wasn't keeping good time). Besides going through the entire watch he also replaced the crown (it was hard to turn but did screw down). This work cost me $1,100. I was very happy with his work as the watch preformed and looked new again. Fast forward to now and the crown will not screw down. I was having issues for the past 6mo's and now it will not catch at all. I'm going to call the guy back and see what he can do for me but wanted to ask what a ballpark cost should be to just replace the crown.

Thank you
Rob

Hopefully an easy fix but will likely require a watchmaker and parts

Hopefully an easy fix but will likely require a watchmaker and parts
Yes, I hope so. I don't mind spending a few hundred dollars but I don't want to put another grand into it...

Holy shit dude did you spend 1100 to service an Aquaracer!! This time, instead of going to a local watchmaker with insane prices I recommend you go to a TAG Heuer authorized dealer and ask for a quote to have your crown fixed.

Holy shit dude did you spend 1100 to service an Aquaracer!! This time, instead of going to a local watchmaker with insane prices I recommend you go to a TAG Heuer authorized dealer and ask for a quote to have your crown fixed.
Yes, I am thinking that might be best. Where do I find authorized dealers/repair shops?

I have just been quoted around £400 for a service, plus £80 for a replacement crown and tube for my 2014 Aquaracer chronograph

Was that from TAG? I thought they routinely replaced the crown as part of the service. Maybe they charge for the tube extra...

Was that from TAG? I thought they routinely replaced the crown as part of the service. Maybe they charge for the tube extra...
This is the quote (dec '19) for my Kirium, prices are in euro excl 19% vat:

Anyone know of a Tag Authorized dealer I can call in Michigan, United States?

Anyone know of a Tag Authorized dealer I can call in Michigan, United States?
2 members already adviced you how to find out:

upload_2023-7-14_14-58-55.png

2 members already advised you how to find out

There are lots of places that sell them but I cannot find any place that repairs them. They all send them out somewhere. I may just send it back to where Tag says to. Some place in New Jersey.

There are lots of places that sell them but I cannot find any place that repairs them. They all send them out somewhere. I may just send it back to where Tag says to. Some place in New Jersey.

I have had two serviced in the US, and both went to TAG Heuer in New Jersey.

I have had two serviced in the US, and both went to TAG Heuer in New Jersey.
Ok, and you have had a good experience?

Ok, and you have had a good experience?

Yes sir, everything went as expected and I was pleased overall.

Ok, update guys. I ended up calling the watchmaker who did the refurb two years ago. He quoted me $175 to replace the crown and tube so I am going with him. I dropped it off today. Hope it won't take long.