Forums Latest Members
  1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 7, 2014

I've just posted a review of the new 500m GMT here
    [​IMG]
    Overall, I'm a fan- not that different to the normal model, but different enough to mean that if I wanted the Calibre 5 Aquaracer, I'd certainly put the extra $350 towards this one instead.

But it did get me thinking about the difference between the Aquaracer 300m and 500m. I always thought of the 500m as being the hard core diver and the 300m being the desk diver, sitting below its bigger brother in price point.

But now we have a 300m that is chunkier than the 500m and has (I think) a nicer bracelet...I do think more needs to be done to clearly separate the two lines. At Omega, it's pretty clear between Seamaster and Planet Ocean, but the lines seem to blur with the Aquaracer range.

As mentioned in the post, I would love this one to have a Pepsi bezel, even though it would lead to many saying that TAG Heuer had "copied" Rolex...which is probably true, although there is at least a deep Heuer Autavia GMT heritage to draw on.

automobilia42 likes this.
  2. automobilia42

automobilia42 Dec 8, 2014

I absolutely like the blue GMT hand! And the bezel is bi-directional, thinking in my head how that bezel click spring would look like, haha. Great watch!