Forums Latest Members
  1. Topper

Topper Oct 18, 2016

image.jpeg image.jpeg im new on here so be gentle
    I had a mint heuer the same as this a few years ago and had to sell as the funds were needed...always regretted selling it

The non heuer I picked up from the USA for small change as the crown unscrews and pulls straight out...yet the watch us still ticking strong two years later

The heuer was a recent eBay buy but has some damage to the chapter ring and the bezel is well worn

Is it worth having the non heuer used for parts to make the heuer a really nice piece ...or have them both restored

The back plates have exactly the same numbers and lettering

automobilia42 likes this.
  2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 18, 2016

Welcome Topper- any connection to Topper Jewelers? Rob was the first guy to help me out on Calibre 11 and was a big support in the early days.

The Heuer comes from the late 1970s- here it is in the 1979 Catalogue
    [​IMG]
    There are a couple of variations of this model- have seen them with the black marking on the bezel and without.

By the late 1970s things were pretty dire at Heuer, so they expanded the range of watches with quartz models that were likely sourced from outside contract manufacturers. I say likely, because even though Jack Heuer refers to this in his book, they never give the exact details of which models. But we have a pretty good clue, because this watch was offered by several brands including Bucherer and Sinn.

Parts are very hard for these watches, but I like them a lot, so you've got a nice find there.

Topper and Enzo like this.
  3. Topper

Topper Oct 18, 2016

That's helped many thanks

Sadly no relation to toppers watches ...it's my nickname ....

Calibre11 likes this.
  4. Topper

Topper Oct 18, 2016

So would you say keep the heuer as is and save the Bucherer for spares.....movement etc ...or find some one to repair the crown and keep them both origional

5. automobilia42

automobilia42 Oct 19, 2016

I would keep them both original, the Bucherer needs some work on the movements keyless-works, maybe even doesn't need any parts, just find a watchmaker in your area that knows what he is doing. Succes!

6. Topper

Topper Oct 19, 2016

Problem is finding a watch smith who knows what he's doing in the midlands uk .....even struggling to get a hand relumed on my 2000 auto at the moment