Forums Latest Members

any help with a Pasadena "750-50 280SL"

1. bargnani33

bargnani33 Feb 24, 2016

Hi, I have a automatic pasadena and I don't find any type of information. Anyone can help me with some data or information abaout the watch please. I want to restore it so it would be great to know a bit more about this.

2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 25, 2016

The Pasadena was introduced in the late 1970s and was the second model after the Kentucky to use the Valjoux 7750 (a.k.a. TAG Heuer Calibre 16) movement. The case is the same as the later Heuer 510.501, but that watch uses the Lemania 5100 movement and has a different dial design.

Restoring the watch could be challenging if you want to repair the PVD coating. These Heuers were some of the early PVD-coated watches, and unfortunately it does tend to chip- especially on the bracelet links. To REALLy restore, this, you have to remove all the PVD coating and then reapply...and even then it will be hard to get the same finish. Basically, it won't make economic sense to do this, but maybe if the watch is special.

The rest of the project should be straight forward- parts for the movement will be easy to find!