If so, what do you ride?

2. dtf

dtf Oct 6, 2021

3. bpsmith

bpsmith Oct 6, 2021

Love it! :taunt:

4. drockadam

drockadam Oct 6, 2021

I wouldn’t consider myself a cyclist, but I do ride around my vintage 1986 Bianchi Strada LX often! It’s my daily and only bicycle. It is white but has aged to a lovely cream colour. I was given the bike as a young kid from a family friend as a gift. I will never part ways with it and keep it for life. Recently I have found a vintage 1980s original Bianchi saddle in Celeste green and have installed it on the bike. Then upgraded the bar tape to Celeste green as well!

bpsmith and dtf like this.
  5. bpsmith

bpsmith Oct 7, 2021

Cool bike that, especially with the background behind it.

6. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Oct 7, 2021

Last weekend when away in Peebles there an EWC? event going on, everywhere you looked there were cyclists, some coming into the hotel at night didn’t look like the were having a good time, or maybe they were just knackered with the pedalling?
    www.enduroworldseries.com

bpsmith likes this.
  7. BPD

BPD Oct 7, 2021

I have been riding for more than 30 years. I primarily ride mountain, gravel and road. I also do a lot of mountain bike races throughout the season :)

bpsmith likes this.
  8. bpsmith

bpsmith Oct 7, 2021

It’s been around 7 years for me. Road only. Can see the attraction of off road, but I know how fast I descend on road and so would get carried away off road and break everything!

9. BPD

BPD Oct 7, 2021

I only do cross country for mountain. None of this down hilling straight to the grave stuff. You should give cross country mtb a try. A total different beast from the road and in my opinion, a far better work out too! Some of the previous Tour de France champion/stage winner all came from a mtb background. If you have a moment, look up some of Peter Sagan's mtb stuff on YouTube.

bpsmith likes this.
  10. Yago

Yago Oct 7, 2021

I have a couple of old restored Peugeot steel bikes from the ‘70s with the chequered flag stickers (Merckx) which I don’t ride. I mtb every weekend on an electric haibike. I’ll take the hate now ;)
    I do wear my BMC TAG Heuer jersey regularly.
    My cousin has a cycling cafe ‘Cafe Coureur’ which is a cycling hotspot in these parts. Big on cycling in Belgium.

bpsmith likes this.
  11. bpsmith

bpsmith Oct 7, 2021

Indeed. Big fan of Peto. Epic rider all round. As are many of the new breed from other backgrounds.

12. bpsmith

bpsmith Oct 7, 2021

Nowt wrong with electric bikes. Not ready just yet myself, but will definitely at some point.

13. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Oct 7, 2021

Shouldn’t these posts be appearing 2 or 3 wide instead of single file? That’s the way cyclists round here travel.

::stirthepot::::bleh::::bleh::::bleh::

Jim Dollares and Yago like this.
  14. Yago

Yago Oct 7, 2021

Man I hate that. Single file through the woods is how we roll (and crash)

dtf likes this.
  15. bpsmith

bpsmith Oct 7, 2021

It’s harder for impatient posters to close pass then though…

16. dtf

dtf Oct 7, 2021

Joking aside, I mostly ride trails, XC, DH and everything in between. Fod and BPW are the usual spots, but ride some of the bike parks in France and Canada when I get the opportunity.

Descending on the road terrifies me, tarmac is really hard and road bikes don't stop well

bpsmith likes this.