Forums Latest Members
  1. relaxer7

relaxer7 Jan 18, 2017

I’ve been looking at the Heuer 1000 for some sometime now and I’ve finally settled on the ‘jumbo’ 980.006 model.

The thing is, they seem pretty hard to come by in the UK and especially an example in good condition… That said, I’ve found one I’m interested in but what is a fair price?

The guy would like £700 for a fairly good condition one but the bracelet isn’t original and the lume pip is missing from the bezel. He is a watchmaker however and has serviced the movement and replaced the circuit board with a NOS example (2 year guarantee).

If anyone can offer a view of what sort of price I should be paying that would be really helpful. I was hoping to be paying around £500 but accept I could well be deluded!!

2. SteveP

SteveP Jan 18, 2017

Well it's good news it has been serviced but seems a little pricey as it doesn't have the bracelet. They do go for around £500 in similar sounding condition, so I don't think it is unrealistic price to work to, if you're prepared to wait. There are similar condition pieces often available on certain auctions sites (;-))-admittedly without a service, but they start at £700 asking, with scope for an offer. In answer to your question-'what is a fair price?' £500-600 for one in particularly good condition, I'd say.

relaxer7 likes this.
  3. SteveP

SteveP Jan 18, 2017

relaxer7 likes this.
  4. relaxer7

relaxer7 Jan 19, 2017

Thanks Steve that gives me something to work with. Unfortunately, the one I was after has now gone from UK eBay. I did follow your link but with today’s exchange rate $980 works out at around £800… damn you Brexit!

5. SteveP

SteveP Jan 19, 2017

Yeah granted-I've been suffering with that too! :-( I keep an eye on the Heuer divers-which .006 was it-do you still have the link? (in case I know who was selling it.) S

6. relaxer7

relaxer7 Jan 19, 2017

Thought I was 'watching' it but looks like I didn't click the button! Doh.

7. relaxer7

relaxer7 Jan 19, 2017

Can't find the thing now...