2024 KITH Heuer Formula 1 re-issue quartz watches

FWIW, my local AD believes that almost all of the current F1 collection is going to be shortly discontinued - as evidenced by the fact most models are now on clearance sale at major retailers.

My prediction is that we’ll see the return of the Formula One at some point this year, possibly to coincide with the start of the new F1 season. I would guess they’ll be heavily inspired by the originals but in a larger case size, quartz movements, and made from some kind of carbon composite case (like the Tissot Sidderal) to offer an ‘F1’ inspired link without actually making the watches out of stainless steel. Expect to see plenty of collaborations with various brands/drivers/events in the future based on these models.

I would guess an £800 £1000 price point as a result - lower than the current range, but not MoonSwatch cheap. The three hand Carrera will become the new entry point to mechanical TH ownership going forward.

TAG Heuer’s range is now a pretty expensive one compared to five years ago, and I think it badly needs a recognisable, desirable entry-point to the brand. A revitalised Formula One will give it just that.

Do not forget that the F1 is a STRONG seller for TH as it is today, looking like a "real" watch. not sure they will go back to retro only, but maybe upgrade or redesign it like they just did with the AR.....

Also they seriously need a more masculine LINK....

FWIW, my local AD believes that almost all of the current F1 collection is going to be shortly discontinued - as evidenced by the fact most models are now on clearance sale at major retailers.

My prediction is that we’ll see the return of the Formula One at some point this year, possibly to coincide with the start of the new F1 season. I would guess they’ll be heavily inspired by the originals but in a larger case size, quartz movements, and made from some kind of carbon composite case (like the Tissot Sidderal) to offer an ‘F1’ inspired link without actually making the watches out of stainless steel. Expect to see plenty of collaborations with various brands/drivers/events in the future based on these models.

I would guess an £800 £1000 price point as a result - lower than the current range, but not MoonSwatch cheap. The three hand Carrera will become the new entry point to mechanical TH ownership going forward.

TAG Heuer’s range is now a pretty expensive one compared to five years ago, and I think it badly needs a recognisable, desirable entry-point to the brand. A revitalised Formula One will give it just that.

I've been thinking they might have a real clear out because some of the entry level watches are very old now. But I don't know... would be a very big move, as much as TAG want to move upmarket the entry level stuff is their bread and butter.

I haven't really noticed the F1 range being heavily discounted either to be honest...

It is a bit ironic that a model named Formula 1 would become even cheaper and sold around 1k price point. Formula 1 is a glamurous circus for the rich and famous, known for insane wealth and endless amounts of money. Many tickets to visit one race cost more than a TAG Heuer Formula 1.

It is a bit ironic that a model named Formula 1 would become even cheaper and sold around 1k price point. Formula 1 is a glamurous circus for the rich and famous, known for insane wealth and endless amounts of money. Many tickets to visit one race cost more than a TAG Heuer Formula 1.

yet houses quartz!

Urgh, nasty filthy dirty quartz. Wouldn't have it in the house.

now you’re on my wavelength

Having had yet another quartz chrono fail on me last night I'm beginning to see the light! 🫨

Having had yet another quartz chrono fail on me last night I'm beginning to see the light! 🫨

🍿