Forums Latest Members

2020 TAG Heuer Connected (E3) - Discussions Thread

1. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 12, 2020

2. m.a.s.e

m.a.s.e Mar 12, 2020

Cant order yet the black version :(
    Do we have a spec list?
    also, no option for black ceramic band or no clue if we can utilize the same modular 45 bands...

3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Mar 12, 2020

helent and Hubert like this.
  4. EmJay

EmJay Mar 12, 2020

Expected. Just ordered one. But a slight pinch of salt on here being me again. Crappy faces, no leather strap available (although advertised), basic advert etc etc. It is not a startup company... chronic. Anyway, will do the job for the next two years for me though.

And btw. Looks like F1 in general. Which is actually VERY entry swiss watch.

julietgolf77 likes this.
  5. gnc1000

gnc1000 Mar 12, 2020

Negative on modularity from the 2nd gen, however, there are some interchange straps, which of course means buying all over again if you are a gen2 owner!

Well, at least there is titanium and creamic, but at a huge premium over Gen2.

Commenting on the video review, next post-- other than the dedicated cycling sports app-- everything else, the breathing app, Fit, etc., is stock Google (I am about to do a weight workout with fit on my gen2 with polar Bluetooth)

Certainly this is not a bad device, but diminished from gen2 for a lot more money.

Pass for now, if there is a Gen4, will look again.

Will say again-- if Gen3 continued modularity, would have ordered today-- not a good look for Tag to alienate the entire modular customer base.

Been a pleasure interacting with all of you over the past 3 years-- stay well everyone!

dWOOTLER, mdh518, BMW Works and 5 others like this.
  6. Cecil

Cecil Mar 12, 2020

Agree with GNC , and on top ,they really should have Head only version (seriously , how Hard can it be to manufacture it ? ) for existing owner to trade in their gen2 unit .
    I a not really a watch guy or marketing / business man but imo they disappointed a large block of existing customer

mdh518, Renat1992 and Albert-AMG like this.
  7. Hubert

As far as I can tell, the straps for this new 2020 Connected are different to the ones from the Modular era, so the older ones won't work.

8. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 Mar 12, 2020

I love the design and also the addition of a heart sensor! The price point seems a bit lower than gen2 though. Must have something to do with the steel case instead of titanium. It will be a tough choice between buying to Calibre16 analog module for my current one that i was planning or buying gen3 instead. Thoughts?

9. EmJay

EmJay Mar 12, 2020

Yeah... But you can fit these straps easily to any watch of a particular lug width including legacy TAG. Not exactly too bad in my view. So we start making sense here.

10. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 Mar 12, 2020

Agreed. I think the strategy has been not to cannibalize any of their analogue model sales with the gen3, as they did a bit with gen2.

11. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 12, 2020

I like the design, it has not the TH personality and clear Carrera 45mm look of Gen1 and Gen2, but it’s nice :thumbsup:

But I think it’s a big step backwards vs Gen2 in too many areas, and at higher price: no Modular, Oled vs Amoled, Steel vs titanium (or even much higher price: the Gen3 with titanium case and rubber strap is 2250€ vs 1400€ from Gen2), much less strap and bracelet options and in not so premium materials... and after today launch, I have discovered another step backwards: it’s not SWISS MADE like Gen2... it’s CHINA! :eek: So the big price increase is even more difficult to understand :unsure:

ABE0CFA4-81C7-47C3-9E5F-885704A64AB0.jpeg

So for sure I will keep enjoying my Gen2 Modular 45, and will wait -at least- until Gen4

@Hubert , I agree with your choice: the version with the steel bracelet and the full black version with titanium case are my favourites from current range :thumbsup:

cassis, Snowy, mdh518 and 4 others like this.
  12. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 Mar 12, 2020

I don't have so many issues with it being made in China. My iPhone 11 pro is also made in China and still considered the most premium mobile out there. To me what is important is that the quality of the watch is premium and for me, design-wise they scored on this one.

cassis likes this.
  13. EmJay

EmJay Mar 12, 2020

I'm old enough to see that the designs like Heuer 01, Hublot or AP are seasonal. These are flashy watches of today including Gen 2. Tomorrow will be different.

14. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 12, 2020

Gen3 price is not lower at all than Gen2:
    Gen2 titanium case and rubber strap: 1400€
    Gen3 steel case and rubber strap: 1700€
    Gen3 titanium case and rubber strap: 2.250€

If your Gen2 is running well, of course I woud go for the Calibre 16 mechanical module (maybe you could find it in the TH outlets at better price). That way you get a Swiss Made watch “Connected to Eternity” ;)
    Gen3 is a Wear OS smartwatch like Gen2, so it should offer mainly same features, and the only real difference could be solved with a bluetooth heart rate monitor belt (through the factory installed Google Fit app)

15. Hubert

Snowy, mdh518 and Albert-AMG like this.
  16. EmJay

EmJay Mar 12, 2020

Day One - "Out of stock" from the beginning. Well, its probably some sort of new marketing that I'm very stupid to understand. Are you sure that its going to be available at all or its another fantasy? Black titanium bracelet for 41 has been out of stock for more than a year as a separate "module" by the way. I was ready to spend £600, but...

17. Hubert

There are limited number of accessories on the store, so I really hope these will be available soon. I'll post an update when they become available.
    https://www.tagheuer.com/us/en/smartwatches/browse/all-accessories/

18. EmJay

EmJay Mar 12, 2020

Mine Gen 3 is coming to me tomorrow. I really hope that I can get the leather strap at some point soon :)

Albert-AMG and Hubert like this.
  19. Hubert

20. riseagainst

riseagainst Mar 12, 2020

Is the one described as black rubber with red accent actually leather?