2019 Carrera Calibre 16 Japan Limited Edition (CBK2114.BA0715)

Nice, I like the classic one but I couldn't really see it on my wrist....

Nice enough, but a bit on the bland side. I’m guessing seeing in the flesh on a thick brown leather strap would change that.

There are a couple of other Japan-only editions coming up too...trying to get some photos to share

There is also a Heuer 02 Tourbillon Japan Edition..am trying to get decent photos

IMG-5153-1.jpg
Edited:

Just how can that be called a Carrera. Jack Heuer must be sick inside himself looking at these mutants and wondering what happened to the mantra of a Carrera being legible!
The lugs, 3-6-9, markers...the DNA is surely there. Realize that not everyone will enjoy a bold design, but kudos on TH for trying something different.

Last thing we need is another heritage edition in this world. Our times will have no designs for the future to emulate if we only emulate the past.

The lugs, 3-6-9, markers...the DNA is surely there. Realize that not everyone will enjoy a bold design, but kudos on TH for trying something different.

Last thing we need is another heritage edition in this world. Our times will have no designs for the future to emulate if we only emulate the past.

But we will have the 70th 80th 90th 100th Anniversaries to look forward to.... ::stirthepot::
Unfortunately Mr Orange has the watch community on his side, every new watch design that comes out is SLATED (B&R, AP, etc...) all they want is more of the same. What makes me laugh is that one of the watch community icons (the Patek Aquanaut) would have been slated if we'd had social media in the 70s. I mean, can you imagine the memes.... look at that stupid bezel!:)

There is also a Heuer 02 Tourbillon Japan Edition..am trying to get decent photos

IMG-5153-1.jpg
Do you have any plans to shoot the standard Heuer 02 Carreras?

But we will have the 70th 80th 90th 100th Anniversaries to look forward to.... ::stirthepot::
Unfortunately Mr Orange has the watch community on his side, every new watch design that comes out is SLATED (B&R, AP, etc...) all they want is more of the same. What makes me laugh is that one of the watch community icons (the Patek Aquanaut) would have been slated if we'd had social media in the 70s. I mean, can you imagine the memes.... look at that stupid bezel!:)
I'm in the camp of choice. I love the Monaco re-edition and I loved the Monaco 24. I'd be a fan of the modern Carrera, but not with a Skeleton dial. But I think its great that we get a a choice between vintage style and modern.

Do you have any plans to shoot the standard Heuer 02 Carreras?
Yes, but probably in a limited way, as they are in essence the same watch as the Heuer 01 Carrera, but with a different movement and layout (as you know).

I'm not all about reissues and I'm not against change but the Heuer 01s and 02s should not have been called Carreras. I would have been OK with TAG Heuer using the Grand Carrera nomenclature for them as most of the GCs were illegible too, especially the RS varieties.

I'm not all about reissues and I'm not against change but the Heuer 01s and 02s should not have been called Carreras. I would have been OK with TAG Heuer using the Grand Carrera nomenclature for them as most of the GCs were illegible too, especially the RS varieties.
Thumbs up on this. Name them something modern that fits the concept better instead of using a heritage name/icon.

Then make a heritage Carrera offering that's a true heritage piece.

Would likely make everyone happy, from Joe Shmo at the mall to the vintage crowd.

I agree, a watch doesn’t need to have a skeleton dial to be contemporary. Heritage watches, not in the least the Carreras of the past 15 years, are often timeless pieces that will still wear well in 30 years. I don’t expect the same will be true for the 56mm skeleton Carreras.
The integrated bezel ‘slated’ watches are becoming a hype in the watch community but the crowd hasn’t picked up on it yet. I think this style is here to stay. It’s actually amazing how look it took for other brands to tap in on this category. There’s almost no way to acquire a reasonably priced AP or Patek so I suppose they paved the way themselves.

Beautiful looking pieces but simply too big. If only they made them at 40mm sigh