Wear OS 2.38 update just received on E2 Modular 45

75A518DE-87BE-4CFC-BAED-EF5D8B4E32FC.jpeg

2. TimO

TimO Aug 10, 2022

My Connected E4 updated to 2.37 this week. image.jpg

3. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 11, 2022

Veterans first ;)

This 2.38 update is dated 8th of August, so I guess your E4 also will receive it soon :thumbsup:

Anthony.R and Akineton like this.
  4. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 14, 2023

Wear OS 2.41 update just received on E2 Modular 45

CD7F6764-FEC3-417D-A7B3-216E326C4374.jpeg

Anthony.R likes this.
  5. danwel

danwel Feb 14, 2023

Mine is saying it’s on 2.38 and up to date ?

6. cassis

cassis Mar 9, 2023

What's new ?

7. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Mar 9, 2023

March 13th I believe.
    Wear OS 3 coming finally

cassis likes this.
  8. cassis

cassis Mar 10, 2023

Was asking for Gen 2 ;-)

9. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 10, 2023

Battery consumption is quite better now after last updates :thumbsup:… but I don’t know if it’s because of the Wear OS or WatchMaker app updates! ::confused2::

cassis likes this.
  10. Joseph Grather

Joseph Grather Mar 19, 2023

updated e4, now i cannot connect to wear os3.

ive done all the troubleshooting

11. ddavtian

ddavtian Mar 20, 2023

After update you manage the watch through TH app, can uninstall the other one, it's not used anymore.

12. Joseph Grather

Joseph Grather Mar 20, 2023

thanks! would have been great if the email about update disclosed this important fact
    google app was required for use of the golf tracking before…

13. Bumderer

Bumderer Apr 30, 2023

First post! Looking for some OS advice.

E4 45mm Wear OS V2.41
    iPhone 14 Pro Max

I’m wondering if I should update to Wear OS 3, I can’t find much information on this and the bits I did find were related to the loss of certain functionality. I have only had the watch a week and I’m not sure if I’d be doing the right thing in upgrading. YouTube provides a little help but nothing specifically for the Tag Heuer watches running OS3. Thank you in advance.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  14. Feanor

Feanor Apr 30, 2023

Hello, I am not an expert on this, because i use my TAG Heuer Connected E4 with an Android phone, but from what I've read at this forum the upgrade to Wear OS 3 removes for iPhone users the Google Wallet function, so you cannot use your watch for payments, if you choose to update. Also the Wear OS 3 update removes for all users (Android and iOS alike) the Google Assistant, though here I have no knowledge whether Assistant was available to iOS users at the first place with Wear OS 2. The rest of the functionality should remain the same.

15. Bumderer

Bumderer Apr 30, 2023

Thank you for the reply, I do have the assistant right now and I’m not sure I will miss it.

Did iPhone users update?

16. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 30, 2023

Hi and welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

One of my E2 Modular 45 received the Wear OS 2.42 update, the others are still on 2.41, so happy to see that E2 is still receiving same Wear OS 2 updates as E3 and E4 :thumbsup:
    33FD4DD4-4F13-436E-8D37-14B4F70AFCAB.jpeg

About updating E4 to Wear OS 3 when paired to iPhone, if you are not using the watch to pay, and you are not using Google Assistant, I guess it’s better to update it to Wear OS 3. But before doing that, maybe @Anthony.R could give you more details

17. Bumderer

Bumderer Apr 30, 2023

Thank you, google pay isn’t on my to do list (never really got in to paying with my Apple Watch either. Paying with the phone is fine. I could probably do away with the assistant too, I just don’t want to regret updating. I’ve read through some of this forum and it’s the best place to ask!!

I think I had an E2 in my hand the other day, a local jeweller was selling a used one but they had no clue how to use it or set it up. “You’d be better off watching YouTube videos if you want to know more about it” which didn’t fill me with confidence. When I got home and found out I could have a brand new one for a few hundred pounds more I was delighted. Used was £1450, but now I know why it was expensive for a used one. Pity the screen and clasp were scratched and they were saying it wasn’t used. They said nobody had owned it but that they had just had to open the back for some reason. Quite an established chain of jewellery stores too. Anyways, you are all doing a great job!

Albert-AMG likes this.
  18. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 30, 2023

@Bumderer , I think this thread will help you to identify which generation the local jeweller was selling:

https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/...to-identify-each-of-the-4-generations.144532/

E2 has a closed and solid back, so if you say they had to open the back, I don’t think it was an E2.

Anyway £1450 is too expensive for a used (or scratched) Connected from a previous generation. If it was really new, the scratch was probably in the protective film of the screen and not in the screen itself (which is sapphire and very difficult to scratch).

19. Bumderer

Bumderer Apr 30, 2023

I’m sure they had even less of a clue than me when discussing that Watch :)

Albert-AMG likes this.
  20. Joseph Grather

Joseph Grather Apr 30, 2023

since update… golf tracking functions seem to be less operational

Bumderer likes this.