2018 TAG Heuer Aquaracer China Space Exploration "Lunar Moon" (WAY201J)

with Moon design
Any particular reason to have the moon? The description just says "inspired by the aquatic world". Seems a bit random.

Any particular reason to have the moon? The description just says "inspired by the aquatic world". Seems a bit random.
I don't know the significance. I share your opinion.

No cyklops, small cyklops or fooled by the angle?
I obviously know just as much as you do, but it sure looks like a small cyklopto me!

Very strange Aquaracer... here CLEP is in honour to the Chinese Lunar Exploration Program (CLEP).

Regards,

Very odd, unless the Aquaracer is going to be the first watch to go diving on the moon.....

Very odd, unless the Aquaracer is going to be the first watch to go diving on the moon.....
Dont give them the idea ! :D

Official press release:
TAG HEUER UNVEILS TWO SPECIAL EDITIONS OF THE CHINESE LUNAR EXPLORATION PROGRAM
TAG Heuer, the Strategic Partner of China's Space Exploration Program, presents its exploration dreams at Baselworld and unveils two special editions.

Pushing boundaries, discovering new horizons or innovating technologically to travel ever further, this is what drives the China Space Exploration Program – CLEP – who has been TAG Heuer’s strategic partner and Official Timekeeper since 2016.

TAG Heuer shares these values with them by offering the “Space and Lunar Exploration” exhibition at the Baselworld 2018 show. CZ-5 rocket replica, exploration robot or even space capsule allow the public to immerse themselves in the CLEP's technologies and expertise.

The opportunity to unveil this partnership’s two special editions: a TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 01 and a TAG Heuer Aquaracer Caliber 5 Automatic.

Inspired by the hidden side of the Moon, TAG Heuer’s Carrera Heuer 01 Special Edition CLEP is limited to 100 pieces. Entirely black from strap to dial, chronographs with a bezel, the watch embodies a movement of exceptional craftsmanship, produced and developed by TAG Heuer: The Heuer 01. On the bottom of the case, the "Official Watch CLEP" engraving and the serial number formalize this limited edition.

Conceived to conquer Space, the TAG Heuer Aquaracer Caliber 5 is a mechanical watch faithful to the TAG Heuer Aquaracer collection signature codes. Water-resistant to 300 meters and resistant to high pressure, it has a 43mm case and a unidirectional rotating bezel in black ceramic.

As the only international brand to have partnered with the Chinese aerospace industry, TAG Heuer's history is intimately linked to Space. In 1962, the brand became the first Swiss watchmaker to surpass the limits of the Earth's atmosphere by accompanying American astronaut John Gleen. A 3-week orbit around the Earth, during which the pilot carried the legendary TAG Heuer 2915A stopwatch.

A new page of Space history is about to be written with the Space Exploration Program.

I'm sorry but this is the dumbest watch I've seen since that "Montauk Highway" AP. How many years away is China from landing on the moon anyway?

I'm sorry but this is the dumbest watch I've seen since that "Montauk Highway" AP. How many years away is China from landing on the moon anyway?

I don't think the moon will be around when they finally go....

I think the only place they should be going is back to the drawing board with this one!