2018 Heuer Autavia Harrods Edition- CBE2116

We've covered this watch in the limited editions thread, but thought it was worth its own thread:

- LE of 150 watches
- White dial with aged lume
- Newly designed black calfskin strap plus stainless steel bracelet
- GBP4,500

TAG-Heuer-Autavia-Harrods-Limited-Edition-980x720.jpg

steel-autavia-automatic-chronograph-watch-42mm_000000000006127633_f.jpg steel-autavia-automatic-chronograph-watch-42mm_000000000006127633.jpg

The movement uses some of the design elements we introduced on the Siffert Edition- note the white rather than red text and the "Heuer" bridge and rotor
TAG-Heuer-Autavia-Harrods-Limited-Edition-Caseback.jpg
tag_heuer_brand_feature.jpg
Edited:

Good option for those in the UK who couldn't get a Calibre11 Siffert.

Calibre 11 Siffert is still the daddy, but the Harrods is not a bad addition to the range at all.

Will the leather strap be available to purchase from TH, or will it only be available with the Harrods edition?

Will the leather strap be available to purchase from TH, or will it only be available with the Harrods edition?
Not sure. I was surprised that the Siffert strap was available from the catalogue, so I assume that it will be the same case for the Harrods watch

Has anyone gone for one of these yet? I notice there are still 147 available on the Harrods online website...... can't be right, can it? :unsure:

Has anyone gone for one of these yet? I notice there are still 147 available on the Harrods online website...... can't be right, can it? :unsure:
I couldn't see where it gave a "stock remaining" count...but I agree that it doesn't sound right. I note that as of this morning the WoS Australian Autavia is also still available.

It's one of the reasons why I am very cautious about making another LE watch. As the idea has become more widespread, the risk is that the market gets tired of the idea...especially when in TAG Heuer's case, there are so many (Siffert included) based on the one model.

Shame there is no green, but it is still a stunner

fbg501.jpg

You can adjust the number you want up to 147, if you wanted that many. It was at 128 at one point (just seeing if they were selling) so maybe they have shifted instore stock to the online website. I know this is no definite indication of the exact stock as I'd have thought they'd have shifted more than three? Must have......
Edited:

It's one of the reasons why I am very cautious about making another LE watch. As the idea has become more widespread, the risk is that the market gets tired of the idea...especially when in TAG Heuer's case, there are so many (Siffert included) based on the one model.

It seems to me that you may be right, I reckon a lot of these limited editions are selling on the premise of making a quick buck, sooner or later the bottom will fall out of that. One option may be to go with something different, like an Aquaracer or an F1. Less expensive and so easier to sell, but I can see why that would be less interesting for you and your potential market.

I think the harrods one probably just suffers from being the least interesting of the LEs.... the JH85 and the original are both more attractive to my eye. All subjective of course!

In terms of speed of selling I think there is a strong link to the social influence of inline channels and publicity the items get, and the backstory that can be created. So having the siffert name, orange boy link or even JH85 is a big factor there

Ps the Australian le not doing as badly as the harrods one apparently is... And it's awesome. Maybe just not selling so many on the strap
Screenshot_20180926-232533_Chrome.jpg

Ps the Australian le not doing as badly as the harrods one apparently is... And it's awesome. Maybe just not selling so many on the strap
Screenshot_20180926-232533_Chrome.jpg
I don't think the Australian one is doing badly at all- a very different strategy. From my perspective, I wanted to sell the watches quickly...because if they didn't sell, I would have had a lovely set of watch boxes lining my garage :(

WoS is very different- I'm sure they want to have several for the retail stores as a point of interest...no skin off their nose if they take a couple of months to sell...probably better for them than if they all sold in a week.

I think the harrods one probably just suffers from being the least interesting of the LEs.... the JH85 and the original are both more attractive to my eye. All subjective of course!

Nail... head... hit!