Forums Latest Members

2017 Monaco Calibre 11 CAW211S- French Boutique Edition

1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jul 25, 2017

A couple of cool shots of a new French-market only Monaco, reference CAW211S. Expect these to be in the stores in September, with only 200 being made.

IMG_3106.jpg IMG_3107.jpg

The watch uses the Monza strap and a new dial- would not be surprised if this formed the basis for a special 2019 edition to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Monaco as a re-edition of this watch- The PVD Monaco from the late 1970s

[​IMG]

dc42 and Hubert like this.
  2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jul 25, 2017

Holding for the US market GULF edition.

I agree with you, the Dark Lord ^ would be a good candidate for the 50th anniversary of the Monaco in 2019.

3. Calibre11

Edited Jul 25, 2017
    Hubert likes this.
  4. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jul 25, 2017

That last picture makes it look like the case is larger than the other two. Is this an optical illusion?

Also the strap looks to be the same as the Monza, no?

5. Calibre11

Same case- 39mm. Yes, it's the Monza strap

Hubert likes this.
  6. elbeik

elbeik Jul 26, 2017

I like it, especially the lume color.
    Strap has to go away though.

7. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jul 26, 2017

Though i am wishing i would get the monaco, i must admit i am not looking forward to meet monza strap again. It is one of the most uncomfortable strap i've tried so far and i dont know why. I always feels 'hurt' wearing it for too long.

Anyone else also experience the same thing with the monza strap ?

8. BPD

BPD Jul 26, 2017

Interesting that you are having issues with the Monza strap. I'm going on two weeks straight with wearing the Monza, which btw, is going to be the longest time that I will be wearing the watch since I bought it and I have absolutely no issues with the strap. IMO, I think it's probably the best leather strap out there.

On another note, I have been 'exploring' many options for my next watch(es) and have decided on two for the coming year. I know I have posted previously that I'm looking to get the Tudor LHD Pelagos as the next watch but this will not be the case. One of the watch is the Rolex GMT-Master II non-batman version and this old favourite:
    [​IMG]

Just wondering if anyone here has/had this watch. If so, your opinion? It's the titanium version and I just love the simplicity of the watch!

9. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jul 26, 2017

In my case, my calibre6 strap is the best strap i've tried so far. Not sure what happened with monza strap. It confused me. But i noticed my calibre6 strap is more rigid than monza strap. Oh btw remember that i got my monza 2nd hand. Even the owner just wore it for 3 days. I dont know if that's count for anything but i am seriously thinking to buy custom strap for my monza now.

10. BPD

BPD Jul 26, 2017

The calfskin of the Monza is nice and soft so it's strange that you feel it 'hurts' when worn for a long time. I'm wondering if it could be some kind of allergic reaction to the calfskin itself ::confused2::

11. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jul 26, 2017

The other calfskin seems fine. Perhaps i've found the only calf that have the skin that i am allergic to :(