Forums Latest Members

2015 TAG Heuer Formula 1 & Carrera Ayrton Senna Editions

1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member May 9, 2015

2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 9, 2015

Great post David! The pictures are great too.

Interesting that the F1 shield is not printed.
    [​IMG]

3. elbeik

elbeik May 10, 2015

These are very nice watches.

At a first glance, they echo Link more than Carrera; it's probably the bracelet and pushers.

The Grand Carrera is one of the nicest renditions so far.

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member May 10, 2015

Yes, I think it's an applied logo...hard to tell with these rendered images.

I thought it was a Link case at first...didn't even think about the Grand Carrera. What it does show is how close the Carrera, Link and Grand Carrera cases are in terms of design

5. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 10, 2015

It would be nice to see if the applied shield-logo also makes it into the McLaren F1.

6. drunken monkey

drunken monkey May 13, 2015

so is the latest Link going to slowly morph into the old 844 case to replace the Grand Carrera that is eternally on the cut-list?

on a related note, the blue/gold/steel Formula 1 has a lot of the old two tone 844 about it too.
    [​IMG]

the eagle eyed will spot the lack of a Calibre ref on the dial

Blue Lantern likes this.
  7. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member May 16, 2015

Very good question: don't know what the future model range will be, but it's a topic that would make an interesting interview.

My sense is that several models that were going to be dropped have been given a second life (Monaco Calibre 6, Grand Carrera)- that might be short term while Biver reworks the range.

8. Tagheuer1860

Tagheuer1860 Jun 15, 2015

Love the latest look in the Link Calibre 16. The red S and Anthracite Grey with large pushers will be a classic in time. Have the latest McLaren 40th Anniversary 1974 Edition and the Black Calibre 1887 Titanium Case. This would complement the others perfectly. TAG you still have that great looking diverse R&D touch. Leaving other manufacturers for dead. Keep up the great work.

9. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 18, 2015

Nice, only thing I don't really like is the black rubber strap with the tyre tread pattern, one of those perforated rallye style straps would have been more of a fit, especially since Senna's years in F1 were all on slicks not treads

10. Tagheuer1860

Tagheuer1860 Jun 18, 2015

Firstly, the tyre tread pattern on the titanium case is symbolising that it is designed for F1 racing and the tread patterned tyres were used
    in wet weather conditions during the season. Thats fact! I use to watch the races back then. Maybe not exactly that pattern but it is just a symbol. Secondly, I love the looks of the CLASSIC LINK
    band model with the Anthracite Grey face. There is nothing that looks remotely like it over the last few years of all the CARRERA models. This is the one I like most. A band on a watch that is an eye catcher for its great contrast of colors. Large push buttons. Want one when available. Will be a classic like the Mclaren 40th Anniversary Edition.

Edited Jun 18, 2015