Forums Latest Members
  1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 4, 2015

huecobros, AussieAlex and elbeik like this.
  2. calibre11user

calibre11user Dec 7, 2015

This catalog omits the Link and Grand Carrera lines. Is that a sign that those lines are discontinued?

I also noticed that the 2014-2015 catalog had both lines, but the 2014 catalog did not. Thus, I am not certain if any conclusion can be drawn with this new catalog.

3. Monaco

Monaco Dec 7, 2015

Also, much of the Monaco line is missing... ?

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 7, 2015

This is a smaller catalogue- but the Grand Carrera is there.

I don't think it's complete (e.g. The Blue Monaco Calibre 12 apparently continues but the black-dial model is discontinued)

5. Monaco

Monaco Dec 7, 2015

hmmm... any idea why they are discontinuing the black Monaco? I would have thought it'd be a relatively good seller. Is it being replaced or are they more interested in limited editions & special runs... Or are they winding down the Monaco as a model range...?

6. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 7, 2015

7. Monaco

Monaco Dec 7, 2015

Not sure how I feel about that...

8. huecobros

huecobros Dec 7, 2015

not sure i like what they are doing with the Formula 1 line.

9. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 7, 2015

As I've posted before, I think it's all up for grabs this year at Basel. I wouldn't be surprised to see a model or two dropped (Grand Carrera? Link?) and wouldn't be surprised to see a new model added. I expect that we'll see the Carrera Heuer-01 style used on other ranges (Aquaracer? Formula 1?). This is all speculation, but feels like the direction things are headed.

We already know that the Monza is coming back, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see a slimmed down classics range with the Monaco, Monza, Heritage Carrera- and maybe a surprise or two- in a larger "heritage" range, but with fewer options and made in smaller numbers. The Monaco has always been a niche seller. While the Calibre 11 and Calibre 12 Blue Monacos will apparently both be in the range, I would have though it made sense to consolidate down to one McQueen Monaco.

I'd be surprised if the Calibre 36 models continue given the target price points.

Basel 2016 will be the real sign-post on the future direction of the brand, so very keen to see what they have planned.

mnejmantowicz likes this.