Panionios Mar 27, 2016

Bought this new in 1987.
    Finding these parts journey begins.
    Thank you for the forums

20160327_101041.jpg
  2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 28, 2016

Very nice- as you say, a 980.006.

Apart from the obvious missing bezel, the watch looks to be in pretty fair condition. Does the movement work OK?

Take a look here- http://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-1000/ for background

automobilia42 likes this.
  3. Panionios

Panionios Apr 9, 2016

Yes movement is perfect i sychronized it with my cell phone when i replaced the battery. The watchmaker said he has never seen such a tight screw.he said he knows they get tight but this was very tight. Anyway so i already received an email for some parts. I doubt Hauer can get me a new bezel.

From all the articles i read i really like this conversion someone did with green bezel and oyster band submariner style

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Apr 14, 2016

Yes, Stewart at Heuerville did the green bezel conversion...and yes, it did look cool!

5. elbeik

elbeik Apr 14, 2016

6. Panionios

Panionios Apr 14, 2016

[​IMG]

yes looks great :)

I am into manufacturing / engineering/ small batch prototyping and I am tempted to make the bezel on my own but to get the good dimensions I would need to examine a bezel.

Can someone that has an extra post a few pics next to something that I can measure on a pic?

I am interested in a good diameter measurement and I would like to know the number of edges on a bezel lol

I lost the bezel around 1993 and TAG europe replaced it for me and then somewhere in tucson 1999 I lost it again.

7. elbeik

elbeik Apr 14, 2016

Now there's a thought; I wonder if 3D printing could provide an opportunity to update / replace bezels.

8. Panionios

Panionios Apr 14, 2016

We have tried 3D printing and it will definitelywork for watches in ABS plastic.

By the time the digital measuring system goes through one and actually making it easy $1000 for one my rough guess or you can make 100 pieces for about $1000 hahaha I hate the reality of manufacturing.

ordering through tag europe is not possible i am assuming

I am in Minnesota and they list tag dealers at macys lol so i will give it some time to locate a used bezel but would consider paying for new