1553S Missing Lume After Service

After a long, costly service with an independent watchmaker I finally received my 1553S back yesterday, fully functioning. I noticed however that some of the lume degraded from the minute hand. This was fully intact when dropped off.

How common is this, especially on the hands? What would you do in this situation, hold the watchmaker accountable? Try to have it relumed? Just leave it be? Unfortunate because the lume appeared to be all original on this watch.
Edited:

Annoying, for sure, but it looks to have aged in a grey, powdery way, and I suspect it was degraded to the point of almost falling off before you sent the watch in. Perhaps the act of removing the hands has caused it to drop off and there wasn't much the watchmaker could do? It may even have cause you more problems had it dropped off after the service as then you would have flaked lume trapped inside the watch. Of course that's likely to happen anyway at some point in the future. Ask the watchmaker for sure, but if you can live with it for now, I would probably do so, and then if any more bits flake off, I would be inclined to go for a relume.

Annoying, for sure, but it looks to have aged in a grey, powdery way, and I suspect it was degraded to the point of almost falling off before you sent the watch in. Perhaps the act of removing the hands has caused it to drop off and there wasn't much the watchmaker could do? It may even have cause you more problems had it dropped off after the service as then you would have flaked lume trapped inside the watch. Of course that's likely to happen anyway at some point in the future. Ask the watchmaker for sure, but if you can live with it for now, I would probably do so, and then if any more bits flake off, I would be inclined to go for a relume.

Yeah, sort of figured it was degrading based on the look. I'll probably get used to it with time. I do wish the watchmaker had called it out when it happened so I could have made the decision whether or not to relume during the service vs living with it and waiting until its next service or opening it up again solely to be relumed.