« STEVE MCQUEEN : THE MAN & LE MANS »

I hope Siegfried and McQueen have reunited with Siffert in motorsport heaven!

I think this is the picture most of US have in mind.

I still remember the German GP 1969. The Friday morning practice was my first event at the Nürburgring. For me a great adventure to see the „Gods of racing“ (13 years old at that time). BMW had sent three formula 2 cars which worked quite well on the narrow „Nordschleife“. In the restaurant we met Gerhart Mitter who belonged to the BMW team. Of course I urgently needed an autograph. Three hours later Mitter was dead. He had an accident, probably due to technical failure.
He mostly drove a Porsche (in Daytona a 907 longtail) or in hillclimb a Porsche Spyder. For three (!) times he was the European hillclimb champion.

Caught 90% of this last night on BBC4 thought a thoroughly good documentary, plenty of great racing scenes, clothing, the man himself, plus many shots of the vintage Monaco and modern version also.

Caught 90% of this last night on BBC4 thought a thoroughly good documentary, plenty of great racing scenes, clothing, the man himself, plus many shots of the vintage Monaco and modern version also.
Merged your post to the existing thread.

Merged your post to the existing thread.

Thanks Hubert, teach me to only ever go to the watch thread!